8 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do in Canva
Do you frequently use Canva? Have you ever wondered if you are using it to its full potential? Get ready to become a pro with these lesser-known tools and elevate your designs from ordinary to extraordinary.
We’ll explore the depths of Canva and reveal its hidden tricks, the secrets known to the pros, literally. These features are extremely useful and will make your life much easier when using Canva. Let's keep scrolling!
1. Social Media Management
Scheduling features on Canva are a must-try if you are a small business owner. You can create designs for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Slack, Tumblr, and more.
Before designing: Begin by organizing your content ideas and preparing for the design process. You’ll love the "Content Planner" integration, where you can set up and outline your post ideas.
After designing: When your design is polished and ready to be shared, select the optimal day and time for posting. Choose the desired social media channel and craft a compelling caption with relevant hashtags.
Final touch: To keep everything conveniently in one place, remember to add your design template to the "Content Planner" for easy access and organization.
- No more switching over platforms.
- Get things done faster.
- Keep your social media management organized.
2. Tidy Up
One feature that continues to astound us is the "Tidy Up" function. Let's explore the simple steps to unlock it:
- Select more than three objects: When working on a design, choose multiple elements that you want to arrange neatly.
- Go to the "Position" menu: Once the objects are selected, navigate to the "Position" option in the toolbar.
- Choose "Tidy Up": Within the "Position" menu, you'll find the coveted "Tidy Up" button. Click on it, and watch as Canva performs its magic. The selected objects will be automatically placed and evenly arranged without any effort on your part.
- Clean design
- No more manual align
- Easy handling of complex designs
3. Interactive Instagram Carousel
If you frequently work with presentations, you'll love this trick. Simply copy the link to an existing carousel post from Instagram and paste it onto your Canva presentation. Voilà!
But wait, there's more. You can interact with the post by swiping through the visuals within the presentation. This feature is especially handy if Canva presentations are your go-to tool. Save this tip, as it can be incredibly helpful when you least expect it!
- Effortless visual storytelling
- Efficient replication of your work
4. Organizing Elements: Folders
Without effective organization, your experience with Canva for work purposes can quickly become overwhelming and time-consuming. Start by making use of the folders and create a library of your preferred elements to ensure easy access when needed.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Simply select the element you want to save, click the three dots at the top right corner, and choose "Add to Folder" from the dropdown menu.
- You can either create a new folder or select an existing one
- Once you've done that, go to the main left bar, select "projects," and locate your folder.
- Easy access to your preferred elements
- Improved efficiency in your design workflow
- Streamlined collaboration and management
- Control access to your folders
5. Canva Apps
That icon on the left side of Canva, have you noticed it? Have you explored its hidden functionalities? Canva eliminates the need to switch between different apps, saving you valuable time and effort.
You'll discover integrations that are true hidden gems, offering a wide range of functionality. Here are just a few integrations you might find interesting:
- QR code
- Google Maps
- Google Drive
- Google Photos
Main purpose of these apps? These integrations allow you to seamlessly export photos, videos, text, and other content directly into your Canva designs, eliminating the need for extra steps.
- Everything you need is conveniently available in one place.
- Improve your designs by incorporating diverse content and features effortlessly.
- Optimize your workflow
6. Photos Enhancement
When it comes to editing photos in Canva, there's a lot of untapped potential that many users may not be fully aware of. While you may already know that you can edit photos, there are additional options within this feature that offer even more creative possibilities.
You can take advantage of the following options when your images are ready for editing:
- Magic Edit
- Magic Eraser
- Background remover
- Effects (blur, autofocus, shadows)
Some of them are AI-powered tools that will help you correct imperfections with ease.
- Enhancing the quality of the pictures.
- Plenty of editing tools available.
- Ensuring consistency across your visuals.
7. Rules and Guides
Are you taking advantage of the rules and guides feature in Canva? If not, it's time to elevate the professionalism of your designs by enabling this simple option.
Here's how you can do it:
- On the top part of your design, click on "File."
- From the dropdown menu, select "View Settings."
- Finally, enable the option "Show rules and guides."
As an additional feature, if you're interested in grids, you can follow the same steps but instead of clicking on "Show rules and guides," click on "Add grids."
- Ensuring a polished and balanced design.
- Create visually pleasing arrangements.
- Enhancing readability and comprehension.
8. Canva Website
No, Canva is not only used for creating graphics for your website. Now, you can even have the power to build a complete one-page website, all for free!
You can now:
- Customize your domain
- Add your branding using your brand kit and content
- Make easy drag and drop edits
- Ensure your website looks great on mobile devices
- Track your website traffic and more
- It's user-friendly, even for beginners
- Extend your business's reach
- Reinforce your brand identity and internet presence
Our goal is to provide you with everything you need to optimize your designs in one convenient place—Canva. If you find yourself constantly switching between multiple apps to perfect your designs, we hope that these tricks and tips will streamline your design process.
If you found this information helpful, we would be thrilled if you joined us on social media. We are passionate about building a supportive community of small business owners and entrepreneurs who share the goal of simplifying their design and business journeys.